These apple shrunken heads in this cider are so creepy and awesome. You’ve got to make these for your next Halloween party!
- 2 Cups of Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbs. Coarse Salt
- 8 Large Granny Smith Apples
- 32 Whole Cloves
- 2 Gallons of Apple Cider
- 2 (12oz.) Cans of Frozen Lemonade Concentrate, Thawed
- 2 Cups Spiced Rum (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together lemon juice and salt; set aside.
- Peel apples and cut each in half through the stem; remove seeds and core. Using a sharp paring knife, carve a face, as desired, on the rounded side of each apple half. Place apples in the lemon mixture for one minute; transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Place apples, face-side up on the prepared baking sheet and transfer to oven. Let bake until apples are dry and begin to brown around the edges, about 90 minutes. Remove apples from baking sheets and press cloves into the “eye” sockets.
- Combine cider, lemonade, and rum (if using) in a large punchbowl; float shrunken heads on top.
- Category: Garnish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple shrunken heads