Missing french fries? There’s no perfect replacement for the all-mighty potato, but these celery root french fries are a great snack.
- 2lbs Whole celery root, peeled, and cut into 2-inch by 1-inch batons
- Fat of choice
- Salt and seasonings of choice
- Oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup Parmesan (optional)
- Lightly toss the celery root in the fat of your choice, I use bacon grease.
- In a large saute pan or deep fat fryer, heat oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the celery root fries, carefully not to overcrowd the fries.
- Fry on one side until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn over and continue frying until done about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper-lined plate.
- Season to taste with salt and whatever other seasonings you like.
- Garnish with the Parmesan. (optional)
The carb-count on this recipe is for a 1/2 pound appetizer-sized serving. If you’re making this for yourself as a snack, I would cut down the portions size by at least half.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: celery root french fries