Every recipe around the holidays seems to call for cream of mushroom soup. If you suffer from food allergies, this can be tough. So I created a gluten-free and dairy-free cream of mushroom soup and it’s great!
- 3 Punnets Fresh Mushrooms, Sliced
- 6 Cups Bone Broth
- ½ Chopped Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/8 tsp. Dried Thyme
- 3 tbs. Bacon Fat
- 3 tbs. Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- In a large heavy saucepan, sauté mushrooms with onion, garlic, and thyme in bacon fat until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- In blender or food processor, puree 1/3 of the mixture, leaving some chunks of vegetable in it. Set aside. For a smoother soup puree all of the mixture.
- Add chicken broth to crock-pot, whisk in the flour until smooth. Add the salt, pepper, almond milk and all mushrooms including puree. Bring soup to a boil on high, turn heat to low and cook 6-8 hrs. or until thickened. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Swap out the unsweetened almond milk for your non-dairy milk of choice and leave out the ground black pepper to make this AIP friendly.
- Category: Mains
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cream of mushroom soup