These deviled egg demon eyes are so delicious and a different spin on the traditional deviled egg!
- 4 whole eggs in the shell
- 2 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 dash Tabasco or Franks Red Hot
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1 pinch paprika
- black olives
- low-carb ketchup
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, and peel. Slice eggs in half, and remove yolks to a mixing bowl.
- In the bowl with the yolks, combine the avocado, cilantro, green onion, and jalapeno. Stir in the lime juice, and season with salt, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Mix well, and fill empty egg white halves. Chill until serving. Sprinkle with paprika just before serving.
- Cut black olives in half, place one half of an olive in the center of each deviled egg yolk.
- Add a dab of ketchup (you can use hot sauce for this if you’d rather) in the center of the olive and squirt lines for veins.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: deviled egg demon eyes