This haunted forest platter veggie tray is so fun to put together. Your guests will think it’s the cutest thing ever!
- 3 Stalks of Broccoli
- 3 Medium Beets
- Wood Toothpicks
- 3 Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Assorted Vegetables: Cherry Tomatoes, Pea Pods, Kohlrabies, Radishes, Sweet Red Peppers, Sweet Yellow Peppers, and Shredded Carrot
- Ripe Olives, Pimiento-Stuffed Olives, and/or Baby Dill Pickles
- 1 Zucchini, Spiralized
- To make a haunted forest, first create trees. Cut bottoms from stalks of broccoli to make 6-inch broccoli trees. Slice beets about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick to make a base for broccoli trees. Break wood toothpicks in half. Insert three to four toothpick pieces into the bottom of each broccoli stalk and then insert it into a beet slice. Stand broccoli upright. Cover to keep moist.
- To make egg ghosts, use a small knife or 1/2-inch aspic cutters to hollow out eyes and mouths to form a face. Cut small pieces of ripe olive to press into hollowed-out areas for eyes or mouth, if desired. Cover to keep moist.
- Using your imagination, create creepy creatures with tomatoes, sweet peppers, pickles, olives, and radishes.
- Place broccoli trees on serving platter. Cover surface of platter with shredded carrot. Hide egg ghosts in the forest along with creepy creatures. Scatter piles of vegetables such as pea pods, beet slices, kohlrabi slices, olives, pickles, and/or any other desired vegetables. Add strips of red pepper to the broccoli branches.
- To make moss, place spiralized zucchini over broccoli trees. Keep platter covered until serving time. If necessary, spritz platter with water to keep it moist.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Non-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: haunted forest platter