This pumpkin sausage soup has been around for a low-carb eternity. This dairy-free version is a great recipe for fall and an awesome dish to serve at a Halloween get together.
- 4 Cups Bone Broth
- 1/2 Pound Nightshade Breakfast Sausage
- 1/2 Cup Minced Onion
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbs. Italian Seasoning
- 15 oz. Canned Pumpkin
- 4 oz. Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Coconut Cream
- Brown sausage, drain and then add the onion, garlic, and herbs.
- Stir in the pumpkin and mushrooms.
- Add the bone broth and mix well.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut cream and simmer on low another 10-15 min.
- Taste and add salt/pepper as needed.
- Serve the soup in a hollowed-out pumpkin or in individual hallowed out pumpkins for a super cool effect. Transfer hot soup to pumpkin right before serving to preserve the integrity of the pumpkin and avoid getting it everywhere.
- Make sure you retain the top of the pumpkin to keep soup warm.
- Category: Mains
- Method: Soup
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin sausage soup