This severed finger hot dog recipe has been around for years and years. It’s gross and so awesome. It’s a great main course for your Halloween dinner party!
- 2 Packages of Hot Dogs or Sausages
- Ketchup or BBQ Sauce, as Needed
- Onion Slices (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Create 3 shallow horizontal slices about a quarter and two thirds the way up each hotdog or sausage for “knuckles.”
- Boil hot dogs until cooked, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- With a sharp knife, cut a small flat space at the tip of the sausage for a “nail.”
- Fill a cup with a couple of tablespoons of ketchup, bbq sauce, or any other red-colored sauce. Place assembled fingers in the cup, burying the ends slightly in the sauce. Serve hot.
Tip: Heating the sauce helps keep this disgusting Halloween food from cooling down too fast.
- Category: Mains
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: severed fingers