Tuna and Tomato Spaghetti Squash may sound crazy, but it’s so good! This recipe is a simple recipe made from pantry staples and it’s a really nice change of pace from your normal marinara sauce!
- 1 15 oz. Can Miur Glen Tomato Sauce
- 2 5 oz. Cans of Tuna
- 2 Teaspoons Drained Capers
- Zest of One Lemon
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Spaghetti Squash or Noodle Replacement of Choice
- Pre-heat the oven at 375*.
- Cut one spaghetti squash in half from stem to bottom (length-wise).
- Scrape out the seeds and pulp.
- Season however you like, I drizzle mine with olive oil and sprinkle garlic salt on it.
- Place each half of the squash face down (skin side up) and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, combine the tomato sauce, tuna, capers, garlic powder, onion powder, and lemon zest in a heavy large skillet.
- Using a fork, break the tuna into chunks. Simmer to blend the flavors, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove from the oven and let cool a bit.
- Use a fork to pull the strands out of the squash onto a plate.
- Serve sauce over the squash and enjoy!
- Category: Main
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: tuna and tomato sauce, spaghetti squash, tuna and tomato spaghetti squash