These upside-down deviled egg eyes are super festive. You can hide any number of suprised ingredients in the filling since they’re upside down to creep out your guests!
- 1 Dozen Large Eggs
- Homemade Mayonnaise
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 lb. of Cooked & Crumbled Bacon
- Food Coloring
- Thin Paintbrush
- Cupcake Liners (you can get the cool Halloween ones or you can just use squares of wax paper)
- Boil the whole eggs for 10 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half.
- Remove the yolks and place them in a bowl.
- Mix in mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, and bacon crumbles to taste.
- Fill the halved egg whites with the yolk mixture.
- Turn the eggs halves over onto wax paper circles or cupcake liners.
- Mix mayo with red food coloring until it will pass for blood.
- Mix mayo with food coloring for the colored part of the eye, I like to use green or blue.
- With a clean, thin, paint brush paint the eyes onto the back of the deviled eggs.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: upside-down deviled egg eyes