Servings: 8 servings
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Yellow Onion diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 8 Ounces Mushrooms sliced
- 4 Cups Bone Broth + additional stock if it's too thick
- 5 Ribs Celery chopped
- 3 Medium Carrots peeled and sliced
- 6 Cups Turkey cooked and diced/shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Herbs de Provence
- Black Pepper Omit for AIP
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium/high heat.
Add the onion and cook until softened and golden, about 8 minutes.
Add garlic, mushrooms, season with salt, and cook until mushrooms have released their water and are beginning to brown, another 8 minutes.
Slowly pour in broth, continually stirring.
Add celery and carrots.
Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Add herbs, salt, pepper and turkey. Simmer until heated through and serve.
- This recipe was created to use up leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. Any poultry will work just as great - poached or rotisserie chicken are good options.
- For additional bulk, add in your favorite cubed root veggie and account for the additional starch. Turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, potato, whatever you like that fits in your way of eating will work great.
- You could also add in a cup of heavy cream for a richer stew if you can tolerate dairy.
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 167mg | Potassium: 435mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4014IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg