- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice equal to 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 heaping tablespoon lemon zest zest from 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or coconut cream if dairy-free
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8×8 square baking pan with butter or non-stick spray.
In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour, baking soda, sweetener, and salt. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Wisk in cream and water.
Mix in lemon juice and zest until well incorporated.
Pour batter into 8x8 pan and sprinkle blueberries over the top of the batter.
Bake 20-25 minutes, or until edges of the cake are pulling away from the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg