Recipes always come out of cravings right? This one is no exception, I was craving something sweet and Blake was craving blueberry muffins and this Lemon Blueberry Cake was born.
This cake recipe is not too sweet, it’s more like a breakfast loaf than an actual cake. But I thought it was tasty enough to share as a dessert especially if you frost it.
You can also replace the blueberries with any fruit you like. Any berry is an easy swap, but if you can use anything from apple to mango or pineapple if you are ok with a little bit higher sugar content.
Shop 8×8 Baking Pans on Amazon! (AFFILIATE LINKS)
The un-frosted cake would make a really great breakfast served with a slice of savory breakfast meat like bacon or ham. Or even served alongside an omelet or scrambled eggs. I think it makes a great replacement for sweet breakfast confections like donuts or french toast.
Try this lemon blueberry cake recipe and let me know what you think!Print
This lemon blueberry cake recipe was created purely out of a craving for something sweet and it turned out to be a simple and delicious dessert!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice equal to 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 heaping tablespoon lemon zest (zest from 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or coconut cream if dairy-free
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8×8 square baking pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour, baking soda, sweetener, and salt. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Wisk in cream and water.
- Mix in lemon juice and zest until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into 8×8 pan and sprinkle blueberries over the top of the batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until edges of the cake are pulling away from the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon blueberry cake, keto lemon blueberry cake