Wow, blueberry swirl cheesecake!
I got some fantastic looking blueberries at the farmer's market this weekend and I wasn't sure what to do with them. They kept staring at me every time I opened the refrigerator.
Since I have a fabulous cheesecake recipe, I thought why not try something different and work on a blueberry puree that I could swirl into the cheesecake?
That's exactly what I did and this recipe is what I came up with. This turned out to be a great idea and I made the most beautiful cheesecake I have made yet. Tasted pretty darn good too according to my dairy-able husband and our neighbors who reaped the benefits of my recipe testing!
I may experiment with this some more, but I think this variation is good enough to release for your culinary experimentation. I think the blueberry sauce could be done with any kind of fruit or berry. You could also use peanut butter, caramel, or chocolate as your swirl!
I think this blueberry swirl cheesecake would make for a wonderful dessert to take to a summer get together or a special occasion. It's fruity and refreshing, especially if you serve it super cold or just slightly frozen!
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think. I hope it comes out as delicious for you as it did for me!
Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake (Keto, GF, Vegetarian, Low-Iron)
- 1 ½ Cup Blueberries
- 8 Tbsp. Erythritol
- 1 Tbsp. Bob's Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
- Juice of ½ lemon save the other half for filling!
- 8 oz. Walnuts
- ¼ Cup Erythritol
- 6 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Lbs. Cream Cheese 4-8oz. pkgs.
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- ½ Cup Erythritol
- 4 Eggs
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Combine berries, stevia, and coconut flour in a saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium heat and cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Puree in blender with lemon juice.
- Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap outside of 9-inch springform pan with heavy-duty foil.
- Chop walnuts in the food processor.
- Mix all ingredients together and press into 10″ springform pan.
- Combine salt, Steviva Blend, eggs, and lemon juice and beat till smooth.
- Set aside in large bowl add 1 package of cream cheese at a time and cream till smooth.
- Gradually add egg mixture and beat till it is mixed well.
- Pour into springform pan.
- Place springform pan in a larger baking pan.
- Carefully drizzle blueberry puree over cheesecake batter.
- Swirl a knife through batter to marbleize.
- Place on the oven rack.
- Pour boiling water into larger pan 1 inch up side of the springform pan. Bake 1 hour.
- Turn oven off; let stand in oven 1 hour.
- Remove pan from the water bath. Remove foil; cool completely. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of the pan.