Oops! Frankenstein came to visit the wrong house and lost his fingers. These doctored up string cheese Frankenstein's fingers are the perfect finger food (see what I did there?) for kids and adults will nom them too!
Cheese is the best option for party snacks, but why not doctor up some string cheese to make Frankenstein's Fingers instead of serving a boring old cheese platter? I mean, what's more fun than munching on a string cheese finger!?
This Halloween themed snack makes a great project for the little ones. They can put together their own string cheese fingers and snack on them. You can even add a little blood with sugar-free ketchup or marinara sauce!
Decorate with spiderwebs and plastic spiders, use festive Halloween themed serving trays, and add eyeballs or rubber cockroaches to your punch bowl!
Don't forget the adult beverages! There are so many fun Halloween Cocktail recipes that you can adjust the sugar content on to make them more health-conscious. This Halloween Bloody Mary is a great option and you can always serve it virgin for an even healthier beverage.
- 1 Package Mozzarella String Cheese
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 8 oz. Softened Cream Cheese
- Wearing plastic gloves or sandwich bags over your hands to keep the cheese as smudge-free as possible, use a paring knife to cut each string in half and then carve a shallow area for a fingernail just below the rounded end of each half.
- Mark the joint right below the nail as well as the knuckle joint by carving out tiny horizontal wedges of cheese, as pictured.
- For the fingernails, slice green bell pepper into ⅜-inch-wide strips. Set the strips skin side down on your work surface and trim the pulp so that it's about half as thick. Then cut the strips into ragged-topped nail shapes and stick them in place at the ends of the fingers with dabs of cream cheese.