Cheese balls are a holiday staple, they go way back to our grandmother's tables. These mini pumpkin cheese balls are super fun!
This is another fantastic recipe from Cheri over at Kitchen Simplicity, the blog that inspired my Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie Dip. These are so cute, they would be the perfect addition to any Thanksgiving menu. Your guests will be talking about them through the New Year.
This cheese ball recipe was already low-carb, but I altered it just a little bit to make it even lower carb. Thanksgiving is a day of munching, so the more carbs we can pull out of the snacks, the better! Your keto friends will appreciate it.
Lots of folks would probably just eat these on their own. But you can also serve them on a platter with all kinds of great things like cold cuts, celery sticks, jicama slices, cucumber slices, cheese crisps, carrot sticks, bell pepper squares, flax crackers, and Low-Carb Cheese Crackers.
These super cute mini pumpkin cheese balls would also make the most adorable garnish on just about anything and everything including cold cut platters and veggie trays. Spruce up your charcuterie, so festive!
Let me know what your guests think if you serve them!
Mini “Pumpkin” Cheese Balls
- 8 oz. Softened Cream Cheese
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Green Onions
- Mix cream cheese, red peppers, garlic and cayenne together until well blended. Stir in cheddar cheese and chill.
- Roll the cheese mixture into 1 inch balls and then roll them through paprika to cover. Use a butter knife to make segment indentions like a pumpkin.
- Cut green onion stems into 1 inch pieces, fold in half length-wise and add it to the pumpkins like a stem.
- Store in the refridgerator until you are ready to serve.