Cheese! I’ve never seen a party without a cheese platter or a cheese ball. This cheese ball is a super scary three-cheese cheesy mummy. He’s actually a pretty cute mummy who’s sure to be the most popular guest at your Halloween bash this year!
Serve this mummy with cold cuts, low-carb cheese crackers, flax crackers, celery sticks, jicama chips, cucumber chips, or carrot sticks. Anything folks would want to scoop cheese with should do it.
This three-cheese cheesy mummy pairs extremely well with a cold cut meat head meat and cheese platter, spider deviled eggs, and meringue ghosts. Make sure to include some creepy Halloween themed beverages or cocktails too!
You can even get extra creative and gory by separating the head and limbs from the body of this mummy on the serving plate or tray. Maybe add some sugar-free jam or preserves around the torso so resemble blood.
Decorate your snack table with all the creepy crawlies you can find, bust out the spooky music and remind your guests to wear their best costumes and bring their best-carved pumpkins for the pumpkin carving contest! Your Halloween party will be the bash of the century, people will be talking about it for years!Print
This three-cheese cheesy mummy is a great way to spookify your cheese platter for Halloween!
Three Cheese Cheeseball
- 2 Cup Finely Shredded Room Temperature Swiss Cheese
- 2 Cups Room Temperature Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) Package of Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Dry White Wine (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Minced Sweet Onion
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Roasted Red Pepper
- 10 Slices Cooked Crisp and Crumbled Bacon
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Italian Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Pecans or Walnuts
- Salt and Pepper, to Taste
The Cheesy Mummy
- 1 (8 oz.) Block of Softened Cream Cheese
- 2 Peppercorns (or Green Olive Slices)
- 1 Cake Decorator’s Piping Bag
- 1 Flat Icing Nozzle
Three Cheese Cheeseball
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, and wine until fluffy.
- Add the swiss and cheddar cheeses, onion, roasted pepper, half the bacon, half of the nuts, and salt and pepper to taste. Beat between each addition.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Shape into two balls (or whatever shape you’ve chosen for your recipe).
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the rest of the bacon and nuts, along with the chopped parsley.
- Roll balls in nut mixture.
- Wrap tightly and chill until firm and flavors have mixed at least four hours. Overnight is better.
- Let soften slightly before serving.
How to Make the Cheesy Mummy
- Form your cheese ball mixture into a vaguely human shape on a serving tray.
- Spoon softened cream cheese into your cake decorator’s bag.
- Cover cheeseball mixture with cream cheese “bandages.” A number 29 or 30 “ribbon” icing nozzle works perfectly for this.
- Insert peppercorns for eyes. If you’re making a larger mummy, you may want to use pimento-stuffed green olive slices.
- Refrigerate until set and flavors are combined, at least 6 hours. Let soften slightly before serving with veggies and crackers.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Non-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: three cheese cheesy mummy