This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This cold cut meat head centerpiece in this meat and cheese tray will creep everyone out, it's so cool looking with scary green eyes. They'll be talking about it for years! It looks so real, made out of meat!
No party is complete without a meat and cheese tray and this is the most creative and creepy way to dress up that boring old plate of meat and cheese I've ever seen! So fun and festive and you can get as gorry and gross as you want. You can go all out with blood and creepy crawlies, or you can keep it clean with just the cold cut meat head.
You can add veggies to this tray to ensure you have additional options for your friends who are dairy-free or veggie-focused. You could also add some flax crackers. You can also serve Frankenstein's Fingers on this cold cut platter as the cheese option for an even freakier display!
This cold cut platter is super quick and easy and makes the perfect centerpiece to your Halloween snack table. You can serve so many cool things alongside it like Bloody Floating Hand Punch or Bloody Chicken Eyeballs!
You can dress up the table even more with plastic bones or severed body parts scattered among the munchies! Maybe add some creepy crawlies like rubber roaches or plastic spiders to make things come alive (see what I did there). lol
- Bucky or Another Suitable Plastic Skull
- ½ Pound Thinly Sliced Ham or Prosciutto
- 1 Package Softened Cream Cheese or Sugar-Free Raspberry Jam or Jell-O
- Assorted Cold Cuts and Cheeses
- Plastic Eyes or Green Olives for Eyes optional
- Wash the plastic skull, I just run it through the dishwasher.
- Mix your cream cheese with red food coloring until it's the color you want it and coat your skull in the cream cheese. This is to give the meat something to stick to and hold it on to the skull. You can also use thinly sliced sugar-free Jell-O or sugar-free jam to add more gore to your head.
- Similar to paper mache from third grade, cover the skull with ham as you would newspaper. You're trying to make the ham look like muscle tissue.
- Place a green olive, pimentos out, into each eye socket.
- Add all the meats and cheeses you want to the tray around the head.