Meatballs are awesome, the perfect party food. These bloody chicken eyeballs are super fun and festive Halloween version!
Meatballs make for easy munching and easy cleanup as your guests can use their fingers or a toothpick. They’re easy to prep ahead of time to help save time the day of the party and they satisfy even the biggest of appetites so all those big guys will get their fill.
I serve meatballs at all of my parties, but for Halloween, I’m looking for something a bit more ghoulish than the regular boring ground beef or lamb meatball. You can’t make an eyeball out of ground beef. You need the white of the eye, so let’s try bloody chicken eyeballs instead!
These are substantial, savory, and oh-so-good dipped in blood (low-carb marinara sauce). You can use any jarred marinara sauce or you can whip up a simple homemade marinara sauce recipe.
Make sure and serve them on a festive Halloween inspired serving platter! You could also serve them in a crockpot with the sauce to keep them warm. I usually just put out some funky Halloween toothpicks next to the the dish so folks can just spear an eyeball and munch,Print
Meatballs are a normal party snack, but these bloody chicken eyeballs are a creepy meatball for the best Halloween party ever!
- 1 1/2 Lbs. ground chicken
- 2 Tbs. minced onion
- 2 tsp. whole cloves, ground
- 1 Tbs. fresh basil
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 15 Larve green olives with pimento halved
- 1 1/2 Cups Low-carb marinara sauce
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, onion, cloves, basil, parsley, and eggs. Mix well and form about 30 balls out of the mixture, using hands.
- Cut olives in half and press one half of olive into each chicken meatball, sliced side facing up. Transfer balls to a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
- Coat a serving plate with a thin layer of low-carb marinara sauce and stack chicken meatballs on top of the marinara sauce. Just use the lowest carb jarred sauce you can find or make your own.
- Category: Mains
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: bloody chicken eyeballs