This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
So, Blake was in the mood for enchiladas tonight and I happened to have some chicken on hand. The last of the chicken stockpiled in my freezer. So I whipped up a pan of chicken enchilada bake that seemed to do the trick with his craving.
If anyone knows of any great deals on free-range whole chickens, please let me in on the secret! I stock up on whole free-range chickens when I find them at Sprouts on sale. Otherwise, I don't have a great source for free-range chicken that doesn't break the bank.
Anyway, I came up with an “un-enchilada” recipe on the fly.
I serve this over chopped iceberg lettuce, but it would be delicious over cauliflower Spanish rice as well.
- 3 large chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 2 small cans of green chili
- 1 large can of enchilada sauce or 2 cups of homemade gluten-free enchilada sauce make it as wet as you would like, we like it really saucy
- Shredded cheese
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 350-degree oven.