Is there a better combination than cheese and bacon? Yeah, I don't know that there is! This bacon cheese dip recipe combines the two into a fabulous savory dip that I think you'll love.
This dip is as easy as frying bacon and melting cheese. Really, that's basically all there is to this one. So good and so easy!
Bacon Cheese Dip Supplies
You'll need a Dutch oven or a large sauce pan. We're going to melt the cheese over medium-low heat so it doesn't burn. I find that a Dutch oven is a great way to do this because it heats evenly, but be careful not to turn the heat up to far too fast.
I recommend a metal spoon for this. I guess you can use a wooden spoon if you prefer, but it may stick. I found the metal spoon worked great.
When it comes to the types of cheese used in this recipe, I went with a combination of gruyere and swiss. You can absolutely use any kind of cheese you want. I think it would be great with gruyere and cheddar, or smoked gouda and fontina, or maybe blue cheese and mozzarella.
I'm still on the hunt for a good dairy-free cheese substitute for those of us that can't do the real thing. Unfortunately, I don't have any great finds, but Cristina over at The Castaway Kitchen has an awesome mozzarella melting block recipe in her Made Whole, Made Simple cookbook and a great cheese sauce recipe in her first book, Made Whole. I love both of these cookbooks and I highly recommend them to everyone!
What to Dip?
There are a million things you can dip in this bacon cheese dip!
For those of you who miss cheese fries, you can try dipping celery root French fries or parsnip chips. Ooooh, baby!
You can dip pieces of meat or any veggie you want. Green pepper strips, radishes, jicama sticks, fried green beans, the options are endless!
More Dip Recipes
- Low-Carb Spiderweb Taco Dip
- Low-Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie Dip
- Homemade Guacamole
- Fresh Cilantro Salsa
- Bacon Ranch Dressing
Bacon Cheese Dip (GF, Keto, Low Iron)
- 6 oz. Shredded Swiss Cheese Room Temperature
- 6 oz. Shredded Gruyere Cheese Room Temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Minced
- ¾ Cup + 2 Tablespoons Dry White Wine
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 6 Slices Crispy Bacon Chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine cheeses. Add xanthan gum; toss gently to combine. Set aside.
- Heat Dutch oven over medium heat and add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add wine and heat until bubbles begin to rise to the surface, but not boiling.
- Just before the wine boils, reduce heat to low and stir in cheeses a handful at a time, stirring constantly.
- Stir in pepper, and nutmeg once cheese is melted and enjoy.