Sometimes, you just need a slice of pizza. But for those of us with food sensitivities, autoimmunity, or chronic illness the gluten and grains that come with traditional pizza are just not worth it. This Pepperoni Mushroom Pizza Chicken recipe is a nutritious way to satisfy that pizza craving at home.
Pizza Chicken Toppings
Use whatever sauces and toppings you prefer. I used marinara, mushrooms, and pepperoni in this recipe. Other combinations I can think of include:
- Pesto Mushroom
- Mushroom Alfredo
- Marinara, Canadian Bacon, and Pineapple
- Marinara, Sausage, and Mushroom
- Marinara, Sausage, and Green Pepper
- Pesto and Prosciutto
- Marinara and Salami
- Bacon Alfredo
Check out my homemade marinara sauce recipe! It's simple and easy!
The options are literally endless when it comes to pizza chicken. You can do whatever you want. Pepperoni mushroom pizza chicken is just what I had on hand.
Pizza Chicken Pairings
I tend to serve pizza chicken by itself. Especially if the chicken breast I'm using is gigantic, which is often the case.
You could also serve it alongside a Caesar or green salad. This Caesar salad dressing recipe is a good one!
If you decide to give this recipe a shot, I'd love to know if you stuck with the original pepperoni mushroom pizza chicken or if you mixed it up. If you mixed it up, I'd love to know what combination of sauce and toppings you decided to go with and hw it turned out.
Pepperoni Mushroom Pizza Chicken (GF, Keto, Low Iron)
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 Large Button Mushroom
- ½ Cup Marinara Sauce
- 4 Slices Pepperoni
- ½ Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and clean chicken breast.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes or until almost cooked through.
- Top chicken breast with toppings and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Tell Me What You Think