Pork ribs are so good, especially crockpot bbq pork ribs. They’re so easy to make in the crockpot it’s ridiculous. Here in Phoenix, where it’s routinely 100 plus degrees in the summer, we don’t want to be outside messing with grills and smokers. Forget that, we’re gonna stay inside where it’s nice and cool in the airconditioning!
Have you ever made crockpot BBQ pork ribs? You basically just throw all the ingredients int the crockpot and forget about it for several hours. It really couldn’t get any easier. The most labor-intensive part of the process is pulling the membrane off of the ribs.
You can use any rib rub you like, I have one that is sugar-free that you might want to try. Any seasonings you like will actually do well. Who says you have to use BBQ rib rub. Pork ribs are pork ribs, put whatever you want on them!
You can also drop them on the grill for a bit if you want to crisp them up after they’re done in the crockpot. I usually throw them in the oven for a while under the broiler, but I have put them on the grill on occasion and it works great. You get that little bit of smoke flavor from the coals.
The broiler works just as well though. You just need to dry them out a little bit to change the texture. If you like them soft and moist you can skip this part and just jump right in.Print
Ribs are a must have during the summer months. But you don’t have to swelter out in the heat smoking them. The crockpot is a great shortcut!
- 2 Racks baby back ribs or pork spare ribs
- 1 Tbs. smoked paprika
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 1 Tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tsp. ground mustard
- Remove the membrane from both racks of ribs.
- In a small bowl, mix together ingredients for the dry rub.
- Rub the dry rub generously over the outside of both racks to coat the ribs.
- Place ribs in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Gently remove the racks and lay them out on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Broil under a broiler for 3-5 minutes until tops are a little crispy.
- Category: Mains
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: cockpot ribs