I’ve been craving sauerkraut for days now, but I haven’t been in the mood for hotdogs. I usually scoop the kraut over Tetons or brats from Sprouts and slather on the spicy mustard. So I got creative and came up with this dijon shrimp over sauerkraut recipe.
I was on the hunt for something different and I ran into a fantastic sale on jumbo wild caught shrimp at Sprouts Farmer’s Market. If you follow me on Instagram, then you know how much I love Sprouts. This grocery chain always has great prices, the freshest produce, and really great seasonal meats and seafood. They even offer a grocery delivery service now that's actually really great!
Here’s what I experimented with…this turned out surprisingly delicious and I think I’ll make it again. Dijon shrimp over sauerkraut sounds like a crazy combo, but it definitely satisfied my kraut craving.
Let me know what you think about this recipe and I’d love to know how you like to eat your kraut! I'm always looking for a new way to get this amazing fermented food into my diet!
Dijon Shrimp Over Sauerkraut
- 5 raw jumbo wild caught shrimp cleaned and shelled
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard I use French's brand
- ¼ Cup Chicken broth
- 1 Tbs. Lime juice
- Garlic salt to taste
- Place shrimp in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add all other ingredients into the pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover the pan and let steam until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and serve over a pile of sauerkraut.