Yum! Check out this shrimp fajita salad recipe!
I love to read and develop recipes, I’m always surfing the internet looking at recipe sites and blogs and saving recipes to try later. I also watch a lot of cooking shows and always take notes. Everything is an inspiration for a new kitchen experiment!
Most of the time I find recipes that are not low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, dairy-free…but I can make them that way. This is one of those recipes. I stumbled across a beautiful looking recipe for shrimp fajitas on a great blog that I frequent and decided that they looked so scrumptious I had to try to make them “Heather safe”.
I succeeded by ditching the tortillas and making this into a salad. Perfect for topping with whatever you want. This made for the most delightful summer lunch! So light and refreshing, but still full of flavor and quite filling.
I think this would be great with any kind of marinated protein. I could definitely get into a chicken or steak version.
You can also add more heat if you like it spicy. Just add some chili flakes or your favorite hot sauce.
I hope you try this shrimp fajita salad recipe! If you do, please come back and let me know what you think.Print
This refreshing shrimp fajita salad is sure to make for an incredible lunch on a hot summer day!
- 1 ¼ lb Medium Raw Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Chile Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Oregano
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Lemon or Lime, juiced
- 1/4 Head of Iceberg Lettuce
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 6 Green Onions (sliced)
- 2 Red Bell Peppers (sliced)
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- Fresh Cilantro and Broccoli Sprouts (optional)
- In a large bowl or zip lock bag combine shrimp, salt, cumin, chile powder, oregano, garlic powder, and lemon or lime juice. Mix well and toss shrimp to coat. Place into the refrigerator and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat coconut oil. Add shrimp with the marinade and cook while stirring for 3 minutes or until the shrimp are pink.
- Spoon shrimp and onto a bed of chopped iceberg lettuce, bell peppers, and tomatoes. Top with cilantro, broccoli sprouts, and green onions.
- Category: Mains
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: shrimp fajita salad