We love BBQ and prior to my discovery that gluten is death, we used to hang out at Famous Dave’s BBQ. I can’t eat there any longer as they use wheat in their sauces and every dish seems to be contaminated, but we loved Famous Dave’s Salmon
I can’t even eat this version of Famous Dave’s Salmon S
It’s a super rich dish and a little goes a long way. But it’s really good!
This is one of my favorite ways to use up leftover salmon (aside from throwing together salmon burgers) and for those of you who can eat dairy, it’s a real treat! Awesome snack to take to parties as well. Once people get past how it looks and give it a try it tends to go pretty quick. I like to serve it with parsnip chips and celery root fries.
It also makes a great lunch option that you can make ahead of time. You only need a little, it’s surprisingly filling!Print
This salmon spread is a copy cat of the Famous Dave’s Salmon Spread recipe. So good. Great use for leftover salmon and really great for parties!
- 8oz. Room temperature cream cheese
- Two cups shredded salmon (1 large filet)
- 2Tbs. Capers
- Cayenne pepper powder to taste
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Dress salmon filet with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper and bake salmon filet at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let the salmon cool and flake with a fork.
- Place the room temperature cream cheese in a bowl and mash it with a fork to soften it up.
- Add in the flaked salmon and the capers and mix.
- Add in the Cayenne pepper to your desired spiciness…I make it pretty spicy, 3-4 good dashes usually do the trick.
- Mix and serve with your desired scoop. Goes great with jicama chips or any veggie stick.
Serve with veggies like celery, carrot sticks, bell pepper strips, cucumber rounds, or jicama sticks.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: famous daves salmon spread, cream cheese salmon spread