Traditional main dishes at Halloween parties often loaded with carbs and sugar. They usually include odd pasta dishes that look like worms or scary-looking soups and stews. Oh, and of course, we can’t forget about all the cookies, cakes, candy, and confections that come out this time of year. I say we chow down like only carnivores can and have dead man’s Halloween ribs with low-carb BBQ sauce!
These barbeque ribs will pack a punch at any dinner party and it’s all in the presentation to make them creepy and festive for Halloween! The red bell pepper with a knife through it positioned like a heart in the middle of the ribs is so good. Your guests will freak out!
You can use any barbeque rib recipe you want, you can even cheat and use take ribs from your favorite barbeque joint if you want. I’ve always wanted to splurge and order all the ribs and especially the brisket and burnt ends from Joe’s Kansas City BBQ. Ribs from Joe’s would make for the most amazing dead man’s Halloween ribs ever!
We’re in Arizona, so having barbeque shipped across the country gets pretty expensive so we haven’t done it…yet. We will one day though, Joe’s is the best Kansas City-style barbecue out there!
If you serve these dead man’s Halloween ribs at your next Halloween party, I’d love to know what your guests thought of them. Come back and let me know in the comments!Print
These dead man’s Halloween ribs are so creepy! They really look like a real human rib cage. But they’re so delicious. They make for an amazing Halloween dinner party centerpiece!
- Remove the thin white membrane off of the bone-side of the ribs.
- Massage rib rub into the ribs and let sit for 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Place the rubbed ribs in a roasting pan with a rack. Slather the ribs with barbecue sauce and tent a piece of aluminum foil over them.
- Place the ribs in a preheated 350 degrees F. oven, basting with the sauce every 30 minutes. Cook ribs until fork-tender, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Remove the foil for the last 30 minutes.
- Cut ribs apart and arrange on a cutting board in the shape of a human rib cage.
- Cut the red bell pepper in half and place one half in the middle of the two sides of the rib cage, similar to where the heart may be.
- Stab the knife into the pepper and into the cutting board so it stands up.
- Category: Mains
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dead man’s Halloween ribs