While perusing the recipe blogs this weekend, I came across a really great looking recipe for gluten-free pumpkin bread over at Serious Eats and I had to have a slice! So I set out to make a low-carb version of this recipe and it came out alright. Here’s my tweaked recipe for your enjoyment!
I decided to use the banana bread recipe I revised with inspiration from Healthy Indulgences banana nut muffin recipe. It was super easy, just swapped out the banana for pumpkin and added the pumpkin pie spice. I had to use a ton of pumpkin pie spice to get the level of spiciness I prefer. You can spice your bread to your liking of course.
This came out so good, it’s definitely reminiscent of a pumpkin pie. The texture is similar but more bread-like.
If you want an even more decadent treat or a complete meal you can top a slice of pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting or whipped coconut cream if you’re dairy-free. You can even top a slice with some vanilla ice cream if you’re in the mood for something chilly. Then pair it with a bullet-proof coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.
It’s also really great toasted with coconut oil or butter slathered all over it if you prefer your pumpkin on the savory side. Hell, I’d even throw some sunflower seed butter on a slice and munch it down!Print
This pumpkin bread recipe is keto-friendly and delicious. It’s sure to satisfy even the most basic pumpkin spice cravings!
- 1/2 cup sifted coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat eggs with erythritol and vanilla until fluffy.
- Combine coconut flour with baking powder, cinnamon, stevia, and salt, and beat into batter until there are no lumps.
- Beat in pumpkin and pour batter into greased loaf pan. Bake 45 minutes, let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then remove and let bread finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin bread