This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Thank goodness for 'paleo-ised' recipes! We had a hankering for stuffed peppers and had to find a way to make paleo stuffed peppers.
I've been reading a ton of paleo blogs and I've come across some great inspiration for recipes. We love stuffed peppers but they usually include rice or bread crumbs and cheese or other ingredients that I'm sensitive to. I decided to just stuff them with a mix of stuff that sounded good. This recipe is definitely put together just off the cuff.
I went for ground beef in this recipe but you can use any kind of meat you'd like. I think they would be just as good with ground lamb, turkey, or chicken. You could even add more veggies, like maybe some broccoli or cauliflower rice, and skip the meat. I think that would make for a very filling vegetarian dish.
I think they would go well with a side salad or maybe some homemade coleslaw. But they don't even really need a side dish. They are hearty enough to serve as a full meal all by themselves!
Here are the paleo stuffed peppers we enjoyed for dinner tonight. Make sure to let me know what you think and what you would add or remove.
They turned out really great, free of all the foods I'm allergic to, low-carb, grain-free, paleo, and yummy!
- 4 Large bell peppers any color
- 1 lb Spinach fresh or frozen
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Yellow onion
- 1 Large tomato
- Favorite seasoning blend
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Clean peppers and set aside.
- Dice onion and saute in olive oil. Add spinach (squeeze dry if using frozen) and let cook down. Add ground beef and brown. Dice tomato and add to mixture. Season to taste with your favorite seasonings.
- Fill peppers with mixture and bake for 20 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Dig in or top with salsa or marinara sauce and enjoy.