Cheese is awesome and fried anything is awesome, so fried cheese is just heaven! These fried cheese balls are the best keto snack out there!
The original recipe was low-carb already but it contained some scary stuff that I try to avoid like flour and cracker crumbs. Obviously, I still can't eat these since they are chock full of dairy. But Blake loved them. He said they were warm, crispy on the outside, gooey in the middle, and simply amazing!
You can season these fried cheese balls with whatever you want to change up the flavor and you can also dip them in a variety of dipping sauces to spice them up even more.
Blake suggested dipping them in mustard might be good. I also think they would be good dipped in an aioli made with homemade mayo. If you can afford a few additional carbs and aren't super sensitive to ingredients they would be amazing dipped in chili sauce. This keto-friendly Asian sweet chili sauce would probably do the trick!
- 1 Cup grated mild cheese
- 2 Tsp. almond flour
- ¼ Tsp. salt
- ⅛ Tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Egg whites stiffly beaten
- ½ Cup crushed plain pork rinds
- ⅓ Cup parmesan cheese
- Oil for frying
- Combine the cheese, almond flour, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- In a separate bowl combine the pork rinds and parmesan cheese.
- Using your hands, gently stir in the egg whites.
- Pat the mixture into small balls and roll them in the pork rind and parmesan cheese mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, when it is hot, put the balls in the pan without crowding them.
- Cook over medium-high heat, turning so all sides become golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot or cold, with a salad or with pre-dinner drinks.