Homemade bone broth is the bomb! There are so many great benefits of bone broth. Full of healing collagen, vitamins, and minerals. It's awesome to cook with and makes a great snack.
Grandmothers and great grandmothers have been feeding us chicken soup for centuries to heal everything from a headache to a cold, and even an upset stomach. I don't know about you, but I totally believe that wisdom like this passed down through generations definitely worth paying attention to. I mean, if nothing else, it sure tastes good and warms you up! So why not give it a shot.
Traditionally, chicken soup made from scratch is made from a whole chicken. Which means the base is bone broth. It really is amazing stuff and in my opinion, you just can't get the same stuff from a carton or can. You really need to make your own homemade bone broth to get the good stuff!
If you have a crockpot or an instant pot, there's really no reason why you can't make your own. It's so easy! Just throw all the ingredients in the pot and let it roll for hours on end. As long as you have the space to store the final product, it's really that easy!
Homemade Bone Broth
- 3.5 Lbs. Bones any animal or combination is fine
- 2 Medium Chopped Carrots
- 2 Medium Chopped Celery Stalks
- 1 Medium Chopped Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbs. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tsp. Salt
- Add bones to crockpot.
- Add carrot, celery, onion, and garlic to crockpot.
- Fill crockpot to the top with water.
- Add salt and apple cider vinegar.
- Cook 18-72 hours, topping off the water when it gets below the rim.
- Strain the bones and veggies out of the broth and store.