This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This Keto Chocolate Walnut Fat Bomb Ice Cream was a staple during my cancer treatments. Utilizing the ketogenic diet for treatment of cancer and chronic illness, it's important to be in the therapeutic ketone range and to do so you have to get in 80-90% fat.
It's surprisingly easy to get too much protein and not enough fat if you don't supplement with additional fat. Since I live in Phoenix, and I was going through vulvar cancer treatment during the summer, ice cream was the obvious choice for adding more fat to my menu.
It made for a very refreshing treat that I would actually eat. It was hot and I was so deep into ketosis that I had zero appetite and some days I just didn't want anything at all.
I love this stuff and Blake liked it too. It's not just nutrient dense (full of fat) and complimentary of my style of ketogenic diet, it's delicious.
You don't have to stick with keto chocolate walnut fat bomb ice cream though, you can play with any flavorings or mixins you want. I'd probably steer clear of fruit flavors unless you are using flavored stevia just because of the added sugar. But Any keto flavor you can imagine is doable.
I have swapped out the nuts for macadamia or pili nuts and it was just as good. I even made a plain vanilla version that I put on top of the Flourless Avocado Brownie recipe from The Castaway Kitchen. So good! Tasted just like a brownie a la mode!
One of these days I'm going to make a bacon version!
- ½ Giardelli Baking Bar
- ⅓ Cup Swerve or sweetener of choice equivalent ⅓ cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup MCT Oil
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Cacao Butter
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnut Pili, or Macadamia Nuts (optional)
- 2 Containers Arroy-D Coconut Milk 8.5 oz.
- 4 Egg Yolks
- Melt baking chocolate, coconut oil, and cacao butter together in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add sweetener, vanilla extract, MCT oil, and coconut milk to the melted mixture and stir until sweetener is completely dissolved.
- Refrigerate the mixture until cool to the touch.
- Add cooled mixture to a blender and blend in one egg yolk at a time.
- Turn on the ice cream maker and pour blended mixture into the ice cream maker to churn.
- As the ice cream churns, add in the optional chopped walnuts or macadamia nuts.
- Store ice cream in the freezer.