I’ve never been a huge fan of brussels sprouts. But that was before crispy bacon brussels sprouts! I was only ever exposed to them boiled when I was younger and they were always bitter, mushy, and just plain gross. Sorry Mom, but they were no bueno. In my efforts to expand my veggie repertoire I’ve started eating them again and I think I have figured out the most delicious way to make them. Roasted up all crispy with bacon. In bacon grease of course!
You’ll need to cook up a pound of bacon first, make sure to reserve the fat for cooking later! Leftover bacon works great, I always have cooked bacon chillin' on the counter, but you can also cut corners with Hormel Premium Real Crumbled Bacon. I like to keep the Hormel on hand in the fridge, just to make sure I have bacon within in reach at all times. I pick it up in a larger size at Costco.
This is probably my all-time favorite side dish. I have it with everything. My favorite main dish to enjoy crispy bacon brussels sprouts with is a nice grilled ribeye steak. But I'll eat these things all by themselves on a big plate they're so good. Basically, any meat dish will do to pair these with including my low-carb fried chicken or my crockpot BBQ pork ribs.
Anyway, here’s the recipe!
Crispy Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Slices Cooked Bacon Crumbled
- 6 Fresh Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Tbs. Bacon Grease
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle bacon grease over a baking sheet.
- Clean as many brussels sprouts as you'd like by cutting off the stem end and then cut in half lengthwise.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon over the brussels sprout to your liking.
- Drizzle oilive oil over the sprouts and bacon.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes depending on your desired crispiness. I like em nearly burnt!