This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
We’re getting bored with our sides and veggie options. Since the weather is warming up, it’s time to get to grilling! We decided to start tossing some veggies on the grill and came up with this recipe for grilled eggplant with fresh herbs.
Simply grilled it was a little boring so I had to figure out a way to spice things up a bit. I added a fresh herb oil and vinegar to drizzle over the top of the warm eggplant. Turned out really good. I just used the fresh herbs I had leftover in the fridge (basil & mint) from another meal. Go ahead and use whatever you have on hand.
We had it with Cayenne Roasted Quail and it was a pretty delicious meal. The herb oil and vinegar was a really great compliment to the cayenne pepper. I think I might try a fresh salsa next time instead of the herb oil and vinegar or maybe add some red pepper to the herb oil to spice it up. I wonder if a mango and avocado salsa might work quite nicely with these as well. Maybe even add some jalapeno for a little kick! I have all kinds of ideas for additional variations of this one.
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh thyme finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh dill finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh oregano finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the eggplant into slices and salt them lightly. Let them sit for about 15 minutes, so the salt can bring out the moisture of the pieces. Wipe them dry with a bit of paper towel.
- Meanwhile, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic herbs, salt, and pepper. Let sit to absorb the flavors for about 15 minutes.
- Brush eggplant with oil and herb mixture all over, ensuring that the herbs get distributed well.
- Place on a lightly greased grill and grill for about 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.