These low-carb peanut butter balls are awesome to have on-hand when you need something sweet to kill a craving. They’re satiating and just sweet enough to take care of any sweet craving in no time!
I don’t know about you, but nut butter (including peanut butter) are great for killing my sugar cravings. I really only need a taste and I’m satisfied. Nut butter, unsweetened, of course, are just sweet enough to kill the craving without igniting more cravings.
If you’re just starting your life without sugar, you might need something a little bit sweeter than plain nut butter to get through. These low-carb peanut butter balls are just that, a little sweeter than plain nut butter and full of fat and protein to keep you satisfied.
If peanut butter isn’t your jam or if you have an allergy or sensitivity to peanuts, you can always substitute any other nut butter you prefer. I’d steer clear of the starchier nut butter like cashew butter. But, almond butter, coconut butter, walnut butter, macadamia nut butter, or pecan butter work really great!
As for sweeteners, I like to use Swerve. You can use anything you want, but I really enjoy Swerve. It’s just erythritol, but they have both a granulated and a confectioner version that mixes into a super-smooth texture.
Let me know what you think if you make these! I’d love to know if you enjoy them as much as I do. If you enjoy them, you might want to give my Chocolate Coconut No-Bake Cookies a shot too!Print
Sweet tooth’s flair up occasionally and I find peanut butter really does the trick in killed that sucker dead. Here’s a great little treat that I put together for those late night sweet tooth attacks!
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
- 16 oz. Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 C. Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds
- 3/4–1 C. Sweetener of choice (add to your desired sweetness)
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave for 15 seconds, add peanut butter and sweetener and mix well. Put some elbow grease into it, the mixture will be thick.
- Chop almonds to the desired size. Roll peanut butter mixture into balls and roll into chopped nuts. I’ve also rolled the balls in shredded coconut.
- Optional: Press one cocoa roast almond into each peanut butter ball.
- Place balls on place and place in the freezer until chilled and enjoy.
- Store the peanut butter balls in the freezer.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter balls