Roasted Chicken thighs! The most delicious meat candy on earth if you can get the skin succulently crispy and lightly salted!
These fatty babies are a major staple in our house. So easy and delicious, here’s how I make them!
Don’t forget to save the goop that collects in the bottom of the roasting pan for adding to chicken stocks, soups, broths, etc. I just let it cool, pour it into a freezer bag and toss it in the freezer. I add to the bag as I create more greasy drippings! That’s flavor baby, don’t throw that away!
It just doesn’t get any easier than this. As long as you remember to thaw out the chicken thighs, it’s really a matter of seasoning them and throwing them in the oven.
If you roast a veggie alongside them, everything will be done together and you have a complete meal with very little effort. Crispy bacon Brussels sprouts are a great choice!
You can use any seasoning combination you prefer. I’ve used paprika and smoked chipotle pepper for a spicy and smoky twist. I’ve done lemon pepper, garlic and rosemary, I’ve even used taco seasoning on these! All these options have come out great.
You can also substitute drumsticks or chicken leg quarters for thighs if you prefer. Any cut of skin-on dark meat will work great. Turkey works too!
Let me know how you decided to make them and how they turned out!Print
OMG, roasted chicken thighs with perfectly crispy skin are heaven. This recipe is foolproof and so good!
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup bacon grease
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss chicken thighs with bacon grease and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper and marinate 1 hour (or up to a day).
- Roast chicken, skin side down, in a roasting or sheet pan, 20 to 25 minutes; flip and roast 10 more minutes.
- Salt & pepper the thighs once more and broil 5 minutes for perfectly crispy skin.
- Category: Mains
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted chicken thighs