Dark meat chicken, is the best chicken! I just love dark meat and crispy skin on my chicken. I mean, if I'm really honest, most of the time I just want the skin and could care less about the meat. This crispy chicken leg quarters recipe is a staple in our house. I think you'll love it too.
Chicken leg quarters (leg & thigh) have become one of my favorite cuts of the bird and I love to roast it in the oven until the skin is crispy and amazing. It's not only delicious, but it's so incredibly easy, and we can all use more easy recipes right!
I love to serve these alongside roasted veggies. It's just so easy to cut up veggies, throw them on a baking sheet with some fat and seasoning, and chuck em in the oven alongside these crispy chicken leg quarters at about half-way through the cooking time. They're both ready together, full of flavor, nutrient-dense, and awesome!
Roasting this way I get super crispy skin and super juicy meat. If you make this, definitely come back and let me know how things turned out. I'd also love to know what kind of spices you decided to use. You can use any seasoning combo you like. I've done lemon pepper, chipotle, just plain seasoned salt, the possibilities are endless!
Crispy Chicken Leg Quarters (Keto, Paleo, Whole30, Low-Iron)
- 4 Chicken leg quarters
- 4 Tbs. Bacon grease season to taste
- 4 Tsp. Cayenne pepper season to taste
- 4 Tsp. Salt season to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place chicken leg quarters in a pyrex dish, skin side up.
- Drizzle chicken with bacon grease (I use the back of a large spoon to spread the grease over the skin).
- Sprinkle salt and cayenne pepper over the chicken to taste.
- Bake for one hour until meat is cooked through and skin is crispy.