This dairy-free keto pumpkin pie is fabulous!
I miss pumpkin pie. The real stuff with real crust and real whipped cream. This recipe actually quells my cravings and helps to make me feel somewhat normal this time of year.
For those who deal with food allergies and sensitivities, this time of year can be really tough. Especially if you're just starting to try and figure out how to eat around the things you're reactive to. The five most common food sensitivities (wheat, eggs, dairy, corn, and soy) knock out all the traditional Thanksgiving and Holiday dishes. No green bean casserole, no buttery mashed potatoes, no stuffing, and no pie.
So, you have a few choices. You can eat it anyway and compromise your health, you can try using enzymes to help you through, or you can figure out how to make alternatives that are close enough to the real thing to satisfy your traditions while remaining healthy and feeling good.
I've used all of the approaches and I had to learn my lesson the hard way about eating food I'm reactive to anyway, that's how I developed autoimmunity and cancer. So, I think I'll stick with safe alternatives from now on and I've created a dairy-free keto pumpkin pie that's pretty delicious!
More Pumpkin Recipes You'll Love!
Dairy-Free Keto Pumpkin Pie
- 1 ½ Cups Ground Walnuts
- 3 Tbs. Melted Coconut Oil
- Sweetener of Choice Equal to 3 Tbs. Sugar
- 15 Ounce Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Tsp. liquid stevia concentrated glycerite or ¾ cup sugar equivalent like Swerve
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp. Ground Nutmeg not a nut for those worried
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 Large Egg
- ⅔ Can Coconut Cream
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Mix the ingredients and pat into place in pie plate with your fingertips.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust is beginning to brown.
- After 8 minutes, check every minute or so, because once it starts to brown it goes quickly.
- Combine pumpkin, stevia, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Beat in yolks and egg until well combined.
- Gradually stir in coconut cream.
- Pour filling into prepared pie crust.
- Bake at 375°F for 30-40 minutes or until set.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Tell Me What You Think