This pumpkin sausage soup recipe has been floating around the low-carb community for years and years, I believe it was originally posted on the, now defunct, low carb forum Low-Carb Friends by a woman named Pami.
It’s really good and hearty. The perfect addition for those of you living in colder climates this October. This soup is probably one of the most festive fall dishes I’ve come across. It’s delicious and the presentation options using pumpkin pieces are endless. So pretty!
You can serve it in hollowed-out mini pumpkins for really cool individual servings at a more formal fall or Halloween dinner party. You can also use a full-sized hollowed-out pumpkin for a buffet-style spread. For a more upscale party, you can always use a pumpkin-themed serving bowl.
Make sure to save the pumpkin seeds and roast them for sprinkling on top of the pumpkin sausage soup. Just serve them alongside the soup in a small dish. Guests can sprinkle and snack on them at their leisure. Not everyone likes roasted pumpkin seeds.Print
This pumpkin sausage soup has been around for a low-carb eternity. This dairy-free version is a great recipe for fall and an awesome dish to serve at a Halloween get together.
- 4 Cups Bone Broth
- 1/2 Pound Nightshade Breakfast Sausage
- 1/2 Cup Minced Onion
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbs. Italian Seasoning
- 15 oz. Canned Pumpkin
- 4 oz. Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Coconut Cream
- Brown sausage, drain and then add the onion, garlic, and herbs.
- Stir in the pumpkin and mushrooms.
- Add the bone broth and mix well.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut cream and simmer on low another 10-15 min.
- Taste and add salt/pepper as needed.
- Serve the soup in a hollowed-out pumpkin or in individual hallowed out pumpkins for a super cool effect. Transfer hot soup to pumpkin right before serving to preserve the integrity of the pumpkin and avoid getting it everywhere.
- Make sure you retain the top of the pumpkin to keep soup warm.
- Category: Mains
- Method: Soup
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin sausage soup