These quick and easy salmon foil packets are literally the fasted and easist weeknight meal ever.
Fish is usually the easiest thing to defrost in a hurry at our house so we try to have fish at least once a week. Always wild-caught, usually salmon, flounder, rockfish, swordfish, or tuna. Tonight was one of those nights, busy hanging out with friends and getting ready for the week so I got out two salmon fillets.
I like to steam these over a bunch of veggies and I find the aluminum foil method to be the easiest in both preparations and clean up! I use a pie plate instead of making envelopes out of the tin foil, I like to stuff these full of veggies and spices so this seems to be the safest method for me.
You can use any kind of veggie you want. I prefer hearty cruciferous veggies like asparagus, broccoli, and cauliflower. I’ve also used a mix of leafy greens like spinach or cabbage with cruciferous veg. The leafy greens soak up the olive oil and garlic and it’s delicious.
These quick and easy salmon foil packets are actually a great choice for dinner parties as well. They’re so quick and easy, you’ll have more time to entertain your guests. The final product is also surprisingly upscale. They pair perfectly with a dessert, like a brownie topped with vanilla ice cream. Or, if you prefer something lighter, chocolate-covered strawberries.
- 2 Salmon Fillets 4 ounces each
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 Cup Veggie of Choice
- Aluminum Foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line the bottom of a pie plate with foil.
- Place the veggies in the center of the pie plate.
- Place the salmon fillet on top of the veggies and top with a slice of lemon.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice all over the veggies and the salmon and season with the spices listed above or whatever you'd like.
- Cover the pie plate with a second sheet of foil and seal the edges.
- Poke a few holes in the top of the foil to let some steam escape.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your liking and veggies are soft.