More body parts! These hot dog severed fingers have been around for years. They’re so gross and so fun, they make a great main course meal for your Halloween party guests!
Since you’re doing such a good job fulfilling your mission to gross out all of your guests. These meaty severed fingers are a great addition to your table. So realistic, and so gross…yet so delicious!
Ok, so there are two different ways you can do these, with the onion fingernail and without the onion fingernail. I really like them without the fingernail, I think they look more realistic this way. Andrea over at Salty Canary has created the best example of this gory recipe without the onion fingernail, check out these super realistic severed fingers!
Colleen and Brianna over at Like Mother, Like Daughter decided to go ahead with the onion nail. They also made the ‘severed ends’ of the fingers jagged for a more realistic look covered in ‘blood’ ketchup. Either way, these are so gross and awesome.
This recipe makes one tub of severed fingers, just multiply the recipe to make as many as you need for all your hungry guests! You can cook them in bulk in the crockpot and keep them warm all night if you’d like. I think this crockpot trick is genius! It doesn’t get any easier than this if you ask me.
Serve these alongside yummy Halloween snacks like mozzarella eyeballs and Yolkensteins. Decorate to your heart’s content and bust out the music. Your Halloween party will be the bash of the century and your guests will be talking about it for years to come!Print
This severed finger hot dog recipe has been around for years and years. It’s gross and so awesome. It’s a great main course for your Halloween dinner party!
- 2 Packages of Hot Dogs or Sausages
- Ketchup or BBQ Sauce, as Needed
- Onion Slices (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Create 3 shallow horizontal slices about a quarter and two thirds the way up each hotdog or sausage for “knuckles.”
- Boil hot dogs until cooked, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- With a sharp knife, cut a small flat space at the tip of the sausage for a “nail.”
- Fill a cup with a couple of tablespoons of ketchup, bbq sauce, or any other red-colored sauce. Place assembled fingers in the cup, burying the ends slightly in the sauce. Serve hot.
Tip: Heating the sauce helps keep this disgusting Halloween food from cooling down too fast.
- Category: Mains
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: severed fingers